Title of my website
Content of my website
- AMMCo-BD (Method Analysis)
- AMMCo-BD Operations
- What's New?
- Project || Ongoing
- AMMCo-BD News
- Consultants & Exceptional Network
- Useful Products Links
- Webmail (Login)
The Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act (CPSIA) is a United States Government law restricting levels of hazardous materials in products imported or made within the US, especially those for children.
Laboratory Testing with the AsiaInspection online platform allows you to integrate your CPSIA testing during your product inspection. Ensure the sample is from your production, not a sample the factory wants you to test, and guarantee your production is CPSIA compliant.
You will receive a detailed report informing you if your product passed or failed the CPSIA compliance test.
The Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act of 2008 (CPSIA) imposed testing requirements and new acceptable levels for several substances common in most consumer products, especially those designed for children, ages 0-12.
Primarily, CPSIA regulations enforce:
- Rigorous restrictions on phthalates (chemicals used to soften plastic) in children's toys.
- Rigorous lead restrictions for children's products (90 ppm in paint and other surface coatings, 300 ppm in substrates; to be reduced to 100 ppm by August 2011).
- Compulsory third-party testing by accredited laboratories specifically for lead (in paint and metallic jewelry), and generally on cribs, pacifiers, small parts, bicycles, bicycle helmets, rattles, bunk beds, etc. – with more to come.
All third-party chemical testing must be integrated into a reasonable testing plan. AsiaInspection can help you to determine how many samples should be tested in order for the testing plan to be considered as reasonable.
Associations and consumers are campaigning more and more in favor of the elimination or restriction of chemicals used in all industries such as Cosmetics, Automotive, Fashion Jewelry, Furniture, Toys, etc.